Thursday 9 May 2013

NEW Collection Gel Nail Colour review!






























During my lunch break I like to try and take a walk around, and working near Argyle Street in Glasgow means I'm never too far away from some shops to have a wander in! I noticed today on Twitter that Collection were releasing new 'gel' nail paints so I thought I'd head to Superdrug to check them out. When I got there I discovered that Superdrug currently has 3 for 2 on all cosmetics and lashes (great offer!) Whenever an offer like that's on I try to think about what I actually need, so I actually save money in the long run instead of just buying more random stuff...to fill my already overflowing make up drawer!

Anyways, I found the Collection polishes and decided to go for the 'Soft Peach' colour as I seem to suit coraly/pinky nail colours the best. 

I would have liked the polish to have gone on a little bit brighter, but I was impressed with the pearly/shiny finish. It took around 2/3 coats to get a really opaque coverage, which I think was due to my light colour choice. For £3.19 I'd say they are a great buy and with 15 colours to choose from I'm sure they'll be really popular. The 'coral reef' shade looks gorgeous!


I've already tried the Barry M 'Gelly Nails'...I wonder what brands we'll see joining the 'gelly' bandwagon next?


Price - £3.19 (buy here)
Colour - Soft Peach 13
Finish - Very shiny, pearlescent effect
Staying power - need to check in a few days but seems good so far!
Plus point - wide application brush

Any bad points - took a few coats to get full coverage but I think that might have been down to my colour choice

Overall - 4/5



1 comment:

  1. ooo this looks like such a beautiful colour, perfect for spring!
    Love Holly x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, your comments really are appreciated! :) <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...