Wednesday 1 May 2013

Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint by Barry M - Review!


To celebrate the first 'day of Summer' (where did Spring go?!) here's a look at some of the new Barry M Gelly nail paints in some brilliant summer colours. I picked these up at Superdrug a couple of weeks ago during their 3 for 2 promotion. 

I'd paid for gel manicures in the past so I was keen to try out these polishes which had been touted as giving you a similar looking finish.

I chose the colours Blueberry, Papaya and Lychee as I fancied a change and they weren't like any polishes I already had in my collection! 

I needed two coats to get the best looking coverage and here's where I encountered the one problem with these polishes - they seem to take ages to dry! After waiting a few minutes (around the time it takes for other polishes to dry) and touch-testing they seemed okay so I got on with whatever else I was doing only to discover big marks where the polish had scraped off...

I don't quite know if the polishes quite replicate a gel manicure but there are some fun colours (Blueberry is definitely my favourite now) and the final coverage is nice and shiny (just be sure to sit tight for a while after painting your nails!)



302 - Blueberry


65 - Papaya


313 - Lychee




Price - £3.99 (3 for 2 in Superdrug)
Colours - Nice and bright! Need two coats for full coverage.
Finish - Smooth and shiny.
Drying time - 10 minutes+ to completely dry.
Staying power - Lasts well, couple of chips at the tops of nails after 2 days.
Downsides - Takes quite a while to fully dry.

Overall - 4/5


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, your comments really are appreciated! :) <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...